Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weekend, Part II

Thanks to our friends who gave us free tickets, we were FINALLY able to go to the balloon fiesta. It's a big deal, and happens every year here in Albuquerque. The only part we didn't like is the part where we had to get up really early to be there in time! Here it is dark and if you enlarge the picture you can see the lights of the things they send up in the air to test the wind.
Laying out the balloons.
Starting to rise. They blow up very quickly-not even 5 minutes.


The flag and the sun rose together.
Then as if by magic, all the balloons...
I helped with the pig!
Twin bees!
Tons of balloons... I couldn't get pictures of them all. Every direction you looked there were tons like this picture.


Do you see the witch?

I love lighthouses, so yea!
Then at about 9am we went home to go to bed. Well, we had to get up at 4am!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That looks like soooo much fun! Getting up a 4am would be tough...I don't know how you did it with all the kiddos. The colors are amazing! Who knew ballons come in so many shapes!?! Great pics!

Steph said...

That looks so cool! I'im so glad you finally got to go! You and pat are such troopers!!

kathryne said...

I love it! Wish I could be there.