Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The best thing about Christmas...

...may be the music!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE HANDEL'S MESSIAH. I KNOW I'VE SAID THAT BEFORE, BUT...

Here's a gem I found from Pat's cousin Ryan's blog. I wish I was a part of this group.




Funny conversation with my mom recently:
I was so pleased that she is tutoring a neighbor's child in exchange for the neighbor (Joe) taking care of her yard, and I was telling her so. She also told me of some twin girls of a family that moved in that she tried to talk to when they were out riding their bikes, but they refused to talk to her. The rest of the conversation went SOMETHING like this...
Me: Well, you know Mom, you do look pretty dangerous.
Mom: Yea, ever since I got my mow hawk...and tats.
Me: (laughing) And they thought once you retired you'd just sit around and do nothing. You sure showed them.
Mom: (More funny stuff that I can't remember- use your imagination.)

I am thankful for my sense of humor and that it is similar to my Mom's. I mean, this is the woman who after falling flat on her face and while being collected by the ambulance people to be taken to the hospital with broken bones, tried to hit on the ambulance guys. She is nuts.

No comments: