Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blessed are the feet...

I have been so busy lately getting ready for girls camp, trying lots of recipes, and finishing up the school year.   Then a beautiful thing happened...

The missionaries stopped by.

They talked with us for about half an hour and I feel so full and happy after their being here.

At first I was afraid that I had signed up to feed them dinner and forgotten, but no, they just wanted to visit with us.

I know that missionaries are supposed to be doing the work of the Savior Jesus Christ since he can't be here himself to go about teaching...




...but tonight I really felt as if the Savior was just in my home.





I am so thankful for these young men who came to my house tonight.  I am so thankful that they choose to give two years of their lives, at their own expense to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.    I have no doubt that they will end up feeling that it was nothing at all of a sacrifice just like I did.  They will end up feeling that it was the greatest blessing ever given them and even more indebted to the Lord for his goodness and mercy.



Romans 10:15
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I'm preparing my lesson for Relief Society, which is on missionary work, and I will share this entry with the claass. Thanks you so much for posting this. Janis