Sunday, July 17, 2011

Isn't it good that our little ones are so cute?
Caught playing with the phone.



Otherwise mom might get a BIT frustrated.


 ...hands in soup...


...on table hands in food...



Okay let me scroll up to that cute picture at the beginning so I can de-stress myself again.  Okay.




The following is just what we've been doing lately in no particular order, rhyme or reason.

Since I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables and especially raw vegetables I tried this Spaghetti with Zucchini dish below.    I had leftover spaghetti sauce with turkey meatballs and I just warmed it and put it over some raw shredded zucchini.  Guess what?  It was great!


This is Salmon over romaine lettuce that has been tossed with just a bit of olive oil, salt, and lots of lemon juice.  This has long been one of my favorite no-carb meals.  I ate it since my mission and love it!



Sam was being really grumpy and lashing out at his brothers.  I wanted to yell at him and punish him, but instead I felt like I needed to do something with him.  I let him pick out a recipe to make in the kids cookbook and I was hoping he'd pick something I could eat, but alas, he picked cookies.  The hard kind that you have to make and then refrigerate and then roll out, then cut, then bake and then decorate.   As far as kids are concerned these are the best kind to make. The bad attitude completely left Sam for the 3 hour process of making these and he continued happy for the rest of the day!   I like the  Red, White and Blue frosting and the kids had a lot of fun.   Then I remembered that instead of me getting left all dishes with those hard to clean cookie cutters, I could make them clean up after themselves since that is good for them anyway and so they did the dishes and it was wonderful!  They really are growing up.  This morning Sam made scrambled eggs for breakfast all by himself.




E covered in cherry juice.

This kid is sneaky.  Pat was eating some Fruit Loops in front of the computer one night long after the kids were in bed.  He reached down to get the box of Fruit Loops off the floor to refill his bowl and they weren't there.  In fact, they weren't anywhere.  He found Evan hiding behind the couch eating them after he had snuck in and stolen them while Pat's back was turned.  He's been sneaking gum out of my purse too because he woke up with gum stuck in his hair and all over his pillow.  Good thing he's cute.

Our pathetic dog Bella.  She suddenly just stopped making tears for no apparent reason, and now her eyes are constantly full of crusty and slimy gunk.  I've been to three vet's now, the third being a dog eye doctor, and spent way too much money for medicines and I don't know what to do!  She needs eye drops all day long!  I can't do this!  Partly because I'm too busy and partly because I just don't remember to do it every two hours all day long.  Help!

Raw cookies/bars.  Very good and cures your sweet tooth if you're trying to eat better.  It's a mixture of almond butter, unsweetened coconut, raisins, and agave nectar for sweetness.  Pretty darn good, but they don't stay together in a cookie shape very good so we just scooped it. 
There it is folks!

No comments: