Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ln helping D with his homework

We were so proud of our boys today.  They did their parts in the Primary program wonderfully!
 They all memorized their parts, which wasn't hard since they were pretty short, but most of the kids didn't, and it makes a difference when you can actually look out at the audience/congregation.  It gives your words more power.  And they all sang their hearts out.  Maybe not so much Sam, but he sang every song.  Evan's face was super cute as he tried so earnestly to sing the right words, and Dallas, yet again, wins the award for the loudest kid.  But I would never tell him to stop.  He is singing with all his heart!

Last time we had a testimony Sunday, Evan said he wanted to go up and say his testimony.  I said, "Well I can't help you.  You have to do it all on your own."

"Okay!", he said, all excited.

Feeling a little wary, I said, "Evan do you know what you want to say?"

He said he did.  So I asked him to whisper to me what he was going to say before he went up, and I had to pretend I wasn't laughing when he whispered his primary program part into my ear.    He was the first to memorize it and has known it for weeks and been dying to get it out.  I told him that it was wonderful, but he'd better keep it a surprise until the program.

So today he talked super loud and clear and said it perfectly just like he told me he would.  "Without a single drop of help!", is how he likes to put it.

It was a fun Sunday too since the Oldham's were visiting, and the Debucks.  Both such awesome families and we really miss them and wish they could move back to our ward!  Also Josh Young leaves tomorrow on his mission to Canada, and I got him the ugliest tie I could find at the thrift store. (And Santa hats for Christmastime- you know the essential missionary stuff.)

Dropped off a little gift to our neighbor since his dad has been very ill and he takes care of us a lot.  I sure appreciate great neighbors.  Our other neighbor P saw Dallas and I running and offered us a ride home.  We're trying to get ready for that race in Sacto so I told him that we still had 2 miles to go.  Dallas was timing us with his stopwatch. Which is funny, because I think Ln could walk faster than we ran.

Dallas worked doing extra chores to make enough money to get his watch.  At our house we have regular chores that they have to do everyday because their part of a family, and then I have a list of money chores that they can do to make money.  Like empty the dishwasher for .10 cents or clean out the chicken house for $1.oo.   Dallas has worked so hard and he LOVES his watch.  It's just a $10.00 Walmart watch, but it can go underwater, has a timer, and all sorts of other cool stuff so he can time us when we run.  His scout teacher told me today that he was so excited about it at scouts, and when they asked him a question about it, he pulled out the directions and read them!  We were both laughing at that.  I'm so proud of him.

I actually had a pretty bad week and did terrible at my calling this week and couldn't even sleep one night because I couldn't even stop thinking about how bad something I did went, and hating that I did it.  It's all over now, and life goes on- but yuck.  I kept wishing that I could just make myself throw up, because I felt so bad about it that I thought throwing up would maybe make me feel better.   I didn't of course, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out this extremely difficult calling! (For me.)

No comments: