Saturday, January 14, 2012

Followup on the Soup post

I never did make all those soups that week.  Got busy, meals got changed, you know LIFE.  But here are a couple. 
Beef burger soup  We love this.  It is a tomato juice/cream of celery base with hamburger and finely shredded carrots.  Very hearty.
Now my one of my favorites:  Pho.  First the condiments:
Fresh basil, cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, and limes.  Sooo good!  Just look at all this healthy stuff above that goes into the soup with a broth base and rice stick noodles below.

No gluten

Before and after the add-ins.

I still haven't found a place I like more than my Vietnamese restaurant.  $6 for a huge bowl of pho soup and lots of green stuff to put in it, including bean sprouts which I didn't have, and fried spring rolls that you wrap up in the lettuce and herbs and dip in a slightly sweet sauce.  Pat and I can eat there for $20 on those rare occasions that we get to go out to eat.  I LOVE IT!  If I lived in California there would be other places I'd enjoy eating at, but I just don't care for much here.

Speaking of going out, last night we went out for our anniversary, had yucky food at Mimi's, paid $35 dollars for it and $40 dollars for a babysitter since we were gone for 6 1/2 hours and have four kids.   I blame you Steph, for not living near me and babysitting for free.  And all of Pat's family too.  I blame you all. :) This is why I don't go out.  I'd rather save up and go to Ireland.  That's just me.  The amount of money spent for babysitter, food, and a movie is frightening!!!  Plus since we heat our house with a wood burning stove, and the babysitter can't do that, we come home and the poor thing is frozen.  Poor girl sitting on the couch in her coat!  I can't wait until Dallas is a bit older!  Dates are good though.  Especially the free ones!

No comments: