Friday, January 27, 2012

More Food

I decided that I wanted to bring a healthy treat each Wed to Young Women (that is the activity night at the church for the girls 12-18).   Just to show them that I love them, and to broaden their horizons with food.  So I made these raw cookies off a recipe, but have now lost the recipe.  I didn't follow the recipe perfectly anyway, but they turned out so good that I wish I could remember which website I found it on.  We had a Yoga night, and these healthy treats fit in really well!
They had about 2 cups of dates, 2 cups of rolled oats, pinch salt, swirl of agave, spoonful of peanut butter, and I don't remember if that was all or not.  Food process it all and then roll into balls.  Chill in refrigerator and then dip in chocolate.  The tops only since I was in a hurry!  But they didn't need the chocolate.  They were so good already, we couldn't stop eating them.  They don't have to be refrigerated, I just did that to make the chocolate set faster.

Now everyone wants the recipe, and I'm like Me Too! If I ever find it again, I'll post it.

My first attempt at making tofu.  Hated it.  This Asian stir fry would have tasted fine with just nothing but the vegetables on rice.  But hey, I tried it!  Now I know that I never need tofu.  Although it has been good in some Indian dishes I've tried.

This was actually a history project.  We are learning about Russia, and they used to decorate eggs and color them with the peel from onions.  These eggs used to be white!  Not so impressive to us though since our chickens lay brown eggs already.  I wonder what a purple onion would do?

No comments: