Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Renegade

I found this site http://www.foodrenegade.com/  after seeing some family talk about it on Facebook.

I've learned a lot, and she makes things easy to understand.   Heathy eating, real food.

We have stopped buying milk for about a month now (the kids are drinking almond milk for now)

and we haven't bought any lunchmeats for about 2 months, and we all eat Ezekiel bread or homemade bread.

We still love our carbs and sweets, but I don't make so much like I used to.  This has been hard for me since I love to make awesome cinnamon rolls, and all sorts of pastries, cakes, cookies, breads, etc, and I want my kids to have a fun home where good food abounds, but all that stuff adds up, and I feel better teaching them about good food. 

We've also been eating very little meat.  I'm not against a little healthy meat, but it's been good to try more vegetable dishes, even if they don't all work out.  It's an education.

Has it been easy?  Nope.  But it's getting easier, as we adjust and learn what to eat in place of the processed, incredibly altered non-foods.  And Pat is on board for the most part, and I didn't even have to do the convincing.  He's been reading up on it too.  And my kids beg me to go get fresh fruits and vegetables now.  You should see them go to town on broccoli, purple cabbage, carrots, sprouts, etc.

This site helps explain why I am trying to change our eating habits, and has been helpful with new recipes.

All I can say is that I'm on a journey.  I don't know for sure what is right for my body, because I've been having digestive issues and weight gain issues, but I do know that for my health and the health of my family we are cutting out the stuff that I know is bad, and I don't see how I can go wrong slowly changing out the bad for good.  My friend's husband just overcame a major illness by changing his diet.


What's something big you've done to change your diet?

No comments: