Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday-She's two!

I don't even know who's playing in the Super Bowl, but our special girl was born on Super Bowl Sunday two years ago!  Happy Birthday Leia Nora!  We love you soooooooooo much!
Leia loves to sit on her butt with her knees bent and feet out on the sides.  She is our slowest talker, but is starting to say more and more words, and when we ask her how old she is, she timidly says, "Two!" trying to hold up two fingers.   She has learned how to make the craziest faces, and smiles really hard so that we can't help busting up.  She is loca.

She LOVES baths, and when I tell her it's time to get out, she grunts at me and rolls away onto her stomach trying to get out of reach.  She is very brave in the water.  Her brothers have been pouring water over her head in the bath for at least a year, and she just deals with it, even though I tell them to stop, and get really mad.  But then I do it when I wash her hair.  She is scared of the shower though, but it might have something to do with me throwing her in there when we're late and she has a last minute code brown that is beyond wipes.

Leia LOVES girly things.  She loves picking a dress for Sunday, and when she's all cute I tell her to go look in her mirror at her cute clothes.  I hope this doesn't make her a stuck up girl too obsessed with looks.  I must admit, I'm just having too much fun having a girl!  Our neighbor gave her a Disney princess mirror that used to be her daughter's, and at the bottom on a scroll was written Who's the Fairest One of All or something ridiculous like that.  So I painted over it, Daughter of God.  I love seeing that mirror now and reading it.

Leia LOVES books and someone to read her books.  She also knows our family cheer and does it after every family prayer.  She likes music too, and is starting to learn how to dance.  She has also discovered (when we had a warm day or two) that she LOVES going outside!  If anyone is leaving the house, she wants to go too!  And she loves going to her nursery class at church each Sunday. She immediately runs over to hug Brother Woodard and finds all the 15 or so babies in the nursery and keeps them for her own.  Pat showed her how to share with her friend Sasha, since normally she wants them all to herself.

Leia still gets called by many names.  I still call her Nora about 20% of the time, Eleanora about 20% of the time, Lei-lei about 20% of the time and Leia about 39% of the time.  1% of the time I throw in Rio since I wanted that to be part of her name.  Here are some pictures of her birthday!
At the aquarium!


Her silly smile.

Donut eating contest!




Tangled!  She got a book, plate, cup and bowl.

An example of her girly-ness.  She wanted two bows.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Leia!!!

Kim said...

Wow! 2 ready!!! Happy Birthday big girl! Hugs and kisses from Cali!