Monday, April 9, 2012

April Snow Storm

We been basking in the warm summer air and the bit of green we get here.  Playing outside, doing school outside, etc.  A friend at church Vikki, gave me about 100 iris bulbs and I went out to her house to dig them up, and came home and immediately dug up my yard to place them all over.   The boys helped with all of that, and we finally got it done, but that was a back-breaking work day.  But her irises were all from Ireland, so I couldn't pass them up.  My fruit trees were starting to flower, and I had great hopes for them, until...

BAM!!!  At least six inches overnight. 


It turned from cheery bright springtime, to dark white winter again.  It was really a shock.

Top of my car.
 Yes, I know where we live we can and have experienced this all the way until the end of May, so it shouldn't have been such a shock.  But sometimes you would like Springtime to feel like Springtime!

White and Pink flowers covered in snow!
My poor fruit trees!

No comments: