Monday, April 23, 2012

My mansion

I'd pick this, but my dream mansion is nothing like this.
Blogger just redesigned everything and I hate it when that happens.  Why don't they ask if I want everything moved around or not?  I have the hardest time with that when they do that to my email or whatever.

I've been having a reoccurring dream often lately.  It's nothing important, just that I'm in my house (which is not really my house), and I have guests visiting, and we're kind of crammed, but dealing with it, when I suddenly realize that there's a whole 'nother side to my house!

It always looks the same.  Another living room, fireplace, and bedrooms.  It gets me so excited to have all that extra space, that I feel like a queen.  I've dreamed of it so often, that when I wake up, I really am shocked and disappointed that it's not true!

It's an older house, but it's built well, and every time I "discover" that side of the house, I think, this just needs some paint and new carpet someday.

The layout is always the same- not my favorite, but still, wouldn't you be immeasurably excited to find out about the forgotten "wing" in your house?  Sometimes I walk beyond the newly discovered wing, and open a door and find a huge high school music room there, and I realize I work there.  But most of the time, I don't go through that door.

It's more like this- but in color.
Weird, isn't it?

1 comment:

Robin Kirk said...

It may be pictured from a distance, but it’s unmistakably huge and spacious! That’s definitely a dream house, and it is quite ideal for big families. But hey, the maintenance and everything regarding repairs can be a bit stressful, no? Well, everything will be just fine if everyone will work together and get creative. =)