Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, and Grilled Chicken

Photo from My Recipes
I had to post this recipe quickly before I forgot.  I didn't have a photo, so I found one as close as I could.
It's name has evolved.  If it had a name I guess you could call it:
Grilled Chicken in Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette w/Asparagus and Monterrey Garlic Mashed Potatoes
$16

Chicken
Marinate chicken breasts in homemade ranch dressing (buy the buttermilk version).  It's a packet that you mix with buttermilk and mayo.  Add to the marinade 2 Tbsp Worcestershire, 2 Tsp salt, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp white vinegar, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp sugar.  Let sit at least 4 hours or make in the morning.  Grill.  (Or if you prefer fried you could pull out of marinade and dip in salted flour and fry).

Mashed Potatoes
Make out of any potato you like.  Peel, chop and boil potatoes.  Mash with garlic butter (sautee at least 2 cloves minced garlic in butter over med-low heat for 5 minutes or so), shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and enough milk to make it smooth, salt and pepper.

Asparagus
Boil or cook how you like until bright green and still a little crisp.

Plate- as shown above (although I always grill mine really dark- not that fried look).  Pour a little bit of Ken's Steak House Sun-dried Tomato dressing on your plate first and set the chicken on top of it.  It's a bright red, sweet dressing that goes great with the chicken and the cheesy potatoes.  As you slice your chicken into bites it will have the dressing on the bottom for just a little more delicious-ness.

It's just a simple meal, but it's always been one of my fav's.  By the way, I buy the smallest chicken breasts I can find because some of them are so big it's disgusting.  Like in that picture above.  I'd be fine with half of that.

No comments: