Tuesday, July 24, 2012

YUM-E!

 I haven't been cooking much lately that's notable.  But this nights dinner was fan-tab-u-lous.   Fettucine alfredo pasta, with roasted vegetables on the side.  I used red and green bell peppers, red and white onion, mushrooms, green onion, cauliflower- whatever I had in the fridge.  I washed and sliced them all into big pieces and then put them all on a cookie sheet tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and a bit of balsamic vinegar for a little sweet tang.  Delicious!
Remember that peach tree that had blossoms all over it in the springtime, but then because of where we live it got covered in snow? I figured it had frozen and was dead, but it just made it!  It's not even 6' tall, but it did an amazing job!!  I am truly unable to believe this happened!  Below is a picture of all the baby peaches we had to remove early on since it had way too many on the tree.
And we were blessed with this many peaches (about 40 total) and they were sooooo good!!!!  They were all eaten in less than 24 hours.  I didn't even have time to think about freezing or canning.  Guess we all needed some peaches!
Miracle in the high desert for sure.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Your dinner looks yummy! We have the same problems with peach trees because of the snow. It just gets too cold up here. But I am enjoying the peach season at the store, with reasonable prices!! I am so glad you got peaches. How EXCITING!!!