Thursday, August 9, 2012

Concerning Sam's party

We are making a piñata for Sam's barbarian party.  The kids wanted to know what I was going to fill it with.
Candy?  No.  We're already having sweets- we don't need more.  Then Dallas talked about a $7 party pack at Wal-mart with little plastic toys, and I said, "No, that doesn't really fit with a barbarian party.  The piñata is kind of something that they destroy while their pillaging and plundering the village.  We need something more realistic in it."
Suddenly a light went on and Sam said, "I know!  A dead body!"

After laughing I said, yes that would be realistic, but I don't have any dead bodies, and by the way, that would be horrifying.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to fill it with hay, and maybe put some gold coins in it.



1 comment:

Christy said...

Boys are so funny, and gross! I like the straw and coins idea. We made our own piniata a year or two ago too. It was a lot of fun. It sounds like his birthday is going to be a blast!