Saturday, February 16, 2013

Final Countdown

I like that 80's song!
Blogger is being weird, and doing all sorts of crazy stuff with my post, so I give up trying to make this post nicer.  It is what it is.  I was blessed to be the recipient of a diaper baby shower recently!  I told friends at church that I still had my boy clothes and boy blankets galore so I didn't really need anything.  So they had a diaper shower.  It was more like a girls night out though where we just sat around and talked and had healthy food, and it was small and perfect!  I felt really blessed!  Some lovely ladies snuck in more stuff than just diapers too!  Adorable stuff! I wish I had gotten pictures of everyone.  Claudia, Julie, Misty, Anna, Lucia, DeAnn, and a couple more I didn't know but it was nice that they came!


Valentines Day sounded like a fun chance to do something special for my kids one last time before I'm too busy for a while.  So we had heart shaped pizza, and cupcakes.  I even made some for Evan's class, but he came down with a fever the night before Valentines so he had to stay home and I had to send the cupcakes anyway! Thank heavens I have a carpool so I didn't have to drive all the way to the school for nothing but cupcakes!




Then we picked a couple families to take cupcakes too also.  I love the card.  You don't know the power of Valentines Day!  The boys had a fun time doorbell ditching (we said on the card who it was from) but they wanted to be sneaky.  At one house they were hiding in the yard so long we considered leaving them.  They were determined not to be seen, just like our Christmas elves.  We never did figure out who that was!


I went to my last Stake meeting and still have some stuff to finish up for my calling.  That was an interesting last meeting.  I'm trying to take minutes and the baby is kicking my notebook off my stomach, but also making it so I can't lean forward and take notes on the table.  It took all my strength to stay composed and not cry out like I do at home when the movements get so forceful!

So my mom and sister will be here soon!  They are literally in the air right now.  All the last two days we've been cleaning.  Here are 5 bags of girl clothes I went through (to give the best stuff to Jeremy and Kim who are expecting a girl), and the three boxes of boy clothes I had to go through for our baby.  As you can see, they got dusty in storage for so long!


I really thought I'd get a chance to use my girl clothes again!  I was so sad to see so many adorable dresses go!  I considered keeping this one since it will fit our baby boy perfectly by Christmas.



But I gave it away.

A funny:  I asked Dr. Rowe, my OBGYN, to fix an induction date months ago because of the pregnancy concerns and because of family needing to fly in at the right time.  He kinda put me off.  So at my last appointment I went to check in and he was sitting at the front desk working on the computer.  I smiled and by way of warning, I said, "I'm going to ask you for a date today!", which ended up being really embarrassing because he though I meant a date date.  He was looking at me weird when I realized what he was thinking, so I quickly clarified what I meant, and we laughed and he said, I don't date pregnant women.  It was really funny, and kinda embarrassing. What kind of person does he think I am!!!!???

Finally, I realized that I need some pictures of me!  So I tried in front of the mirror.  Didn't really work.


Then I tried having the kids do it.  This was the best picture I got.
But I had to weed through a lot of naked doll pictures that they'd put up at the last minute and then laugh hysterically.
 And cut off head pictures.

Then I tried Pat taking a picture with the kids, but this was the best pose.  Leia has some wicked awesome bed head every single day.


How could you say that about me!! (It's true.)
So then I just did a solo picture.  My sister's coming so maybe she'll get some.


I am happy that soon I will not have to prick my finger anymore!!!!!!!!

Oh and as a small side note... Pat is trying to kill me.  And I have proof.  He made a gravy with 2 Tbsp of Red Pepper instead of Paprika, and then wondered why it was so spicy.  The day before that he made quesadillas and filled mine up with New Mexico green chilis to the point that even I, who likes spicy stuff, was choking and coughing and crying for 10 minutes. 

A couple weeks ago, Pat put on some music I really like and I danced with him.  I said, "I can't wait until I can actually get close to you", and he said, "I can't wait until I can hug you and not feel like a hunch back while doing it."

For some weeks now, I've had to sleep out on the couch each night.  I don't know why it's more comfortable, but I absolutely cannot stand our bed, and the baby can't either.  He seems to think I'm smashing him no matter how I lay, and won't allow me to sleep at all.  Normally, I can't stand the couch and would hate to sleep out there but I can't sleep like a normal person anymore. 

So Pat and I have really been missing each other.  The third trimester is so hard.  And once it's over, you have the recovery, and newborn months that aren't any easier!  Calgon, take me away!  If I could get us something, it would be a vacation!  We really need it!  We have to wait just a few years, and then it will be like this:



And I'll look like this someday when we are on the beach together, and Pat will be tan.  I decreed it.

Well that was fun.  Now I've got to get back to cleaning and trying to ignore how scared I am about delivering a baby.  Oh!  And I have to pack.  I'm just so glad that it's working out better this time than last time though!  Last time I was sick and my water broke before my help got here and it was really stressful trying to figure out where the kids should go in the middle of the night!
It's working out much better this time.  We even got to go to the temple this morning.  And I'm hoping to squeeze in one last date!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

In the homestretch! I wanted to thank you for the invitation to the girls night and I am sorry I didn't get to go. I'm really excited for your little one to be here and I hope it goes smoothly. You bring so much light to my life, thank you and much love!

Karisa said...

Thanks Sarah! You made my day when I first read this!

Karisa said...

Thanks Sarah! You made my day when I first read this!