Monday, April 29, 2013

Harmony

If I could decide to be one musician/music group ever, I would choose Simon and Garfunkel.  I love all types of music, but they are the most like me I think.  I have loved them since I was very young.  I love their poetry and perfect harmony- they are so talented.  I love their quiet way of singing but their fun songs are awesome too.  And I love the guitar work.  I only ever wanted to play guitar like that.  I was kinda good at guitar in high school with my great teacher Kenny, but I was working to pay for the lessons myself and eventually I couldn't afford them any more.


I can go for years without listening to S and G, but when I get back to it, I can't stop listening for weeks.

I love their popular songs like Scarborough Fair immensely, but I also love their more obscure songs like:
A Poem on the Underground Wall
The Dangling Conversation
The Only Living Boy in NY
I am a Rock
Kathy's Song
Keep the Customer Satisfied
Leaves that are Green
America
El Condor Pasa
April Come She Will
We've Got a Groovy Thing Goin'
Wed 3am
Song for the Asking
For Emily...What a dream I had...

I guess it's more telling that I've never heard a song of theirs that I don't like.

A very close second would be the Wiggles.  Yes, I would love to be in a band where I make kids happy and can act crazy silly.  I would seriously love it!





No comments: