Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cray-Cray

Charles-

I was up at 2, your dad at 3, me again at 4:30 for the rest of the day. Your cute, but you're making your mother cray-cray.

Sincerely,

Me

I hurt my back carrying Charlie in his car seat one night when I had to take him into a trek meeting.  I didn't realize I'd hurt it, but after carrying it a lot, and far from my body so my legs don't bump it, and to get it into the middle of the car, I'm sure that was what did it.

I almost couldn't move for several days.  That's never happened to me before.  I thought if I just slept well one night it would be fine in the morning, but no.  I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning!  It's taking a long time.  At first I could barely stand up from a sitting position, or lay down.  Now when I read to the kids at night I lay on my stomach, and then find that I can't get up.  Or even if I just take too big a step it's crazy painful.  I'm never carrying that car seat again!

I am still recovering in other ways, and having no fun doing it.  I just feel restless.  I want to do stuff with the warmer weather, and exercise, but am having one health issue after another that prevents it.  If it weren't for the joy of a child, no one would ever do this!

I sure love you, my Charles. 



1 comment:

Christy said...

My Belle was the same and I was exhausted for so long. I am so sorry. I hope you get to sleep tonight!