Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sense of Humor

I love that our oldest son has my exact sense of humor.  This was one conversation driving home from church today:

Dallas: We should go to that yard sale.  We need to buy it so our yard can be bigger.
Me: Maybe they're not selling their whole yard, maybe they're just selling three feet.
Dallas:  That's gross.  I wonder whose feet they were.

The ward newsletter came out at church today and it had our baby announcement, three months later.  Several people came up and congratulated us.  It also had Evan's birthday in there and is stated that he was turning 8 (he's actually turning 7).  I showed that to him and told him we should try to get him baptized before they fixed it.  He just grinned at me real big in the cute way that he does.

At church, once the Sacrament meeting was done I asked Leia if she wanted to go to class.  She looked at me and shrieked "YES" at the top of her lungs and then ran off to get there.  I miss the days when I would take her to class and she'd need me to stay with her, hug her, play with dolls, read some books and never leave.

Karisa was approached by our primary president, Jenae, at church with a request to speak to Sam about not listening and laying on the floor during primary.  Karisa followed up with Sam, and found out his teacher, Brother Hasler was the real problem.  Here's the email Karisa sent back:

Jenae,

I talked to Sam about the incident yesterday.  I told him some people were being rowdy, not obeying, and laying on the floor.  Did he know who that could have been?

He told me it was everyone BUT him, and that Brother Hasler laid on the floor first. 

Would you please talk to Brother Hasler about being a better example to the children?
 
Karisa


Jenae, knew Karisa was kidding, and Karisa knew Sam was full of baloney, but what makes it more funny is that Brother Hasler (who is a grandpa) did come up and apologize.  He thought it was hilarious.  So did we.  Except for the fact that I really have no idea what I'll do with Sam.  Let me repeat that. I really have NO IDEA what I'm going to do with Sam. 

1 comment:

Christy said...

Such a fun kid and I love that you guys have the same humor. Cracked me up! I love the letter to his teacher too. I am glad he was so good about it. Too funny. Good luck!