Monday, February 10, 2014

A couple dinners


We tried a couple new recipes lately that we loved: Beach Street Lemon Chicken from Mel's Kitchen Cafe:

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/07/beach-street-lemon-chicken-linguine.html

This seemed like a recipe that had so many conflicting flavors such as, Italian, Asian, and Cajun!  It sounded so crazy, but it all came together deliciously in lemony harmony.


And Freezer Beef and Bean Burritos:
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2013/08/freezer-beef-and-bean-burritos.html
And I tried these freezer burritos from Mel's that I thought were way better than our open-a-can-of-refried-beans-and-spread-it-on-a-tortilla normal burritos.  I mean, we put salsa, lettuce, cheese and sour cream on ours, but these were way better.  FYI- I don't follow her directions exactly.  I just browned some onions and ground beef together and then added a can of refried beans and a can of pinto beans to it.  Then added the tomato paste and seasonings, etc.  Then you wrap it up in a tortilla with rice and cheese and sour cream and man are they good!  I made them for Pat's lunches, but every time I open the freezer and see them I wish I could eat one!

 (I never know what pictures I'm allowed to use so sorry- no pictures.  I forgot to take some when we ate them too.)

No comments: