Saturday, September 13, 2014

9/11

I still remember everything about 9/11, and I don't hide what happened from my kids.  I show them the videos and talk to them about it each year.  We made this sign and put it up near our house, inspired by others who had done the same around town.  My favorite is a huge sign displayed each year over the freeway by someone.  I thank them, whoever they are, for remembering each year to do that.


I went to the flag ceremony that our school does each morning for K-12.  They had the usual announcements, recitations, and songs and then they had one of the high school teachers talk to everyone.  He looks to be about in his 50's, and has a NY accent.  He was a fireman in NYC on 9/11, and has since moved here.  How interesting is that?  It was a really neat flag ceremony.  He said his brother is still there and his son.  Both firefighters too.  He said he moved her for several reasons, but that being a firefighter is the best job in the world, and he talked about what it was like that day.


Charles during flag ceremony.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I remember everything too. I kept the magazines that were soul-y devoted to it. We pull it out every year and talk to the kids about it too. I don't hide it from our kids either. We want them to know their history!