Saturday, January 17, 2015

How do YOU eat?


 So I made this cheesecake for our anniversary, and I repent for having ever made any other cheesecakes before.  Try it sometime, if you like.  I got if from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  Easy, and no eggs! There's a cheese layer, a white chocolate mousse layer and whip cream layer and it's sooooooo good! Better than restaurants.



 http://www.melskitchencafe.com/vanilla-bean-white-chocolate-mousse-cheesecake-my-new-favorite-cheesecake/

Having now shared this recipe with you, I feel it's a good time to tell you, I'm considering going Vegan, and not eating dairy, eggs, or meat.  What a weirdo.  I probably couldn't do it anyway, so just ignore me.

The problem is, there are so many conflicting experts.  No gluten people, people defending gluten; you can basically find a plan to fit any way you want to live with people testifying it changed their life and healed them from cancer, autoimmune diseases, and every ailment they ever had.  I believe them too!

Dr. John McDougall- base your meals off of starches (bread, rice, corn, potatoes) and no animals or animal products.  Seems the closest to the Word of Wisdom.  But what about my bone broths?  Aren't they good for you?

Dr. Furhman- beware of starch/carbs and eat only fruits and veggies pretty much.

Dr. Redd (local friend)- basically the Mediterranean diet, beware of carbs in any form, and eat fruits, veggies, and meat in moderation.  Lots of supplements.

Paleo Diet- Eat meat you cavemen! Not sure what the diff is between this and Atkins which I have tried before and it's awful.

Eat Clean Tosca Reno (Sunny's lady)-very low carbs, low oil, no sugar, no fat, egg whites only, etc.

Trim and Healthy Mama- Christian diet book

My Diabetes Pregnancy Diet (or South Beach pretty much)- put all carbs you eat with a protein to slow the digestion and spike in blood sugar.  So if you have a piece of toast put an egg or peanut butter on it.

Caldwell Esselstyn MD- no oil at all, not even olive oil.

Oh She Glows- love this girls blog, but she obviously didn't have kids when she made her recipes, because no one with kids has that much time and all those ingredients. 


I don't think everyone's the same, but I do wish the Word of Wisdom told me a yes or no on dairy, eggs, oil, and fish.  More study needed....

What's in your diet?  Have you had success with anything?  I work out regularly, but it doesn't make a difference and I am not surprised.  I've heard weight loss like 90% diet.

(Sorry about the cheesecake picture).

 A nutrition guru acquaintance of mine said that when we die and the book of our life is read, all that we ever did, ate, felt, experienced will be recorded in our own bodies.  Even things we can't remember or access anymore in our brains.  Even things that happened when we were babies.  Feelings buried alive, never die.  Our cells keep a record of what we ate, and any trauma we felt or sustained is engraven in our very bones, sinews, and flesh.

Therefore, every thought, word, and deed has an effect on the human body.  All these leave their marks, marks which can be read by Him who is eternal.  As easily as words in a book can be read. 

Something to think about.

1 comment:

Jane Birch said...

Yes, the Word of Wisdom doesn't spell out all the things we should and should not eat, but it give us sound principles. Here is my take on the Word of Wisdom in regard to dairy, eggs, and oils: http://ldsmag.com/article-1-14710/ & http://ldsmag.com/article-1-14585-2/. Best wishes on your journey!!