Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Sunday

It's so great to have General Conference this weekend.  The talks were so moving, inspirational and emotional.  I just love the gospel.  I know it's true.  I love Heavenly Father's plan.  I love being a member of Christ's church, restored on the earth again, and the blessings poured out on us by serving therein.  I love our prophets and apostles and leaders of the church.  As I interact with our local leaders, they constantly amaze me with their goodness toward all.  They make me want to be better.  I love seeing the members of the church and missionaries from so many countries and I am glad to be one with them.  I have seen the most remarkable young people that are going out to serve as missionaries lately.  It brings me to tears.

It's so great to have Easter too! We colored eggs and had the egg hunt.  The kids had a small basket this year with a new book each, a chocolate bunny and a homemade rice krispy treat made into the shape of a nest with some jelly beans in it.  It was plenty.  My treat this year was Jordan almonds which I love and a clean house finally after all our trips, and a walk and long talk with my good man.  The kids all seemed to like their books.  Sam just came and told me, "Mom, I really like my book.  I wish were reading this one in school."  They are studying the civil war in depth right now and will be doing a play at the end of the school year.




Now, on to food.  This is one of my favorite meals.  Pat makes the falafels, and I make the rice, sauce, and salad.  The salad is cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro, mint and a bit of lemon juice and salt.

The sauce is 1 part mayo, 1 part sour cream, some pickle juice or lemon juice to thin it, cilantro, and feta cheese bits.  We normally put this all in a pita with the rice on the side, but we had no pita bread, so there's a piece of naan.  This would make a good salad.  On a bed of lettuce put the tomato salad, then top with the dressing and the falafels on top.  For the falafels we just buy a mix at the store and follow the directions.  I've tried making my own but they take gobs of time and fall apart.  Pat makes the falafels since they require frying and I hate frying.

Our latest Home Depot excursion early Saturday morning.  We love these. 







No comments: