Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's hard being a tapping, fairy princess.

Leia came to me to say she was "so hungry".  I said dinner would be ready in 10 minutes.

She said, "Is there any melt in it?"

"What?"

"Melt."

"Milk?"

"Melt."

"What is melt?"

"Something that you melt in it, like butter or salt or cheese."

"Yes Leia, there's melt in it."



----
These two, always together.

Earlier today she was eating olives with one on each finger.

She came into where I was and said, "Mom!  I was eating olives and then I saw something hairy, and I looked to see what it was, and it was Charlie!  He woke up from his nap!"

Thinking that was a weird thing to say, but moving on, I asked, "So Charlie's awake?  Where is he?"

"Here I am!", he says with his deep growly voice as he comes around the corner and smiles at me.  Then I get to hold him a while.  And laugh that Leia called him hairy.

----------


Charlie copies everything people say, especially Leia, almost word for word, in his deep voice, always smiling.  How's that for a run-on sentence?

Last night as we were kneeling to say prayer, we were all talking about something with Charlie repeating every third word like he was part of the conversation.  At the end, Evan said, "I doubt it", and then Pat said to Sam, "Will you pray?", and before Sam could start, Charlie said, "Doubt it."  We all busted up.

------------
Ready for church.

Charles has become a terrible twos poster boy.  As soon as we get in the car he screams to get out of his carseat and takes off his shoes.  He's been yelling wherever we go lately which is really wearing on me.  When I change his diaper I have to hold his legs and arms and body while changing him because he tries to get away.  He makes it as difficult as possible for me to get his socks and pants on.  At bedtime and and naptime he's awful.  He only wants to sleep with me.  If he doesn't like the food he yells, "Don't want it!", and walks away.  Whenever I force him to take a bite he yells, "Stop it!"  He thinks it's funny though, so I think he enjoys it.  He enjoys being a turkey and a royal pain in the butt.  Still, he's a dream come true, because I'm his mom and he really is the sweetest, cutest thing ever!


This is his chasing chickens outfit.
----------

I just want to take a moment to say that I made it to my goal of not eating any sugar for 30 days.  This means I actually had to skip EASTER!  Crazy.  It's been hard, but not hard.  I miss my jordan almonds.  But mostly chocolate.  Now, I've continued this on for almost another month, but I've had sugar a couple times.  Once on a date and Pat MADE me share dessert with him, and once for a movie night when everyone was eating popcorn and candy and I had a bite.  Man- it's tough being in a house of sugar freaks.

I think the only way I was able to do it, was that I got a used book called, "Fit for My King, by Sheri Rose Shepherd.  The book helped me focus on being healthy to better serve God, not just to have perfect skin and fit into those jeans again.  Which is good, because I've only lost like 5lbs and my skin hasn't changed at all.  I don't feel amazing or different really.  I feel a bit cheated.  For how much I have to say no to foods I feel like I should have lost 50lbs.   But I am glad that now when I get a sweet tooth, I go for yogurt w/honey or fruit.  I know that is better whether or not I look awesome.

We've been ordering a box of local, organic vegetables weekly since we figured it is how much we normally spend on fruits and vegetables.  These are better for you, but I don't get to pick what is in the box necessarily.  So, I've been trying a lot of new recipes, because I can't stand to waste anything and not eat it.

Beet burgers-delicious!

Mujadra- Indian Lentils with heirloom tomatoes

They gave us a pineapple that wasn't too sweet, so I cut it up, sauteed it in butter and brown sugar and then dumped it in a bundt pan, topping it with my favorite pound cake recipe.  Look how gorgeous!!!
Now for the glaze.  Perfect.  Of course I couldn't eat a morsel of it.  But it was still beautiful.
Leia thought it needed pink sprinkles.

I got a picture of her cute new dress from the Mullen Grandparents with a bracelet that matched it.  So pretty.

We have the weirdest things going down the freeway.  We captured something for once.  I think it has to do with the aliens.

Roasted golden beets with sweet potatoes.  Yum.

We planted a garden last week.  A small simple one that the kids are in charge of because they were the ones begging for it.  We did it for family night, and as soon as we came inside, a storm blew in.  It has barely stopped raining and snowing for days now.  Who knows if any of this will survive.  So sad!!  Glad for the rain, but it's late May!!!  This is crazy!!  For weeks we have barely been able to get up and down our super muddy road.

No comments: