Friday, May 13, 2016

Our town has been beautiful, even if it has been a bit stormy. Two snow days since we got back from California. Springtime is cruel here. But it's been very green for New Mexico, and it is warming up finally!


Dad and Charlie posing with the tortoise on scout night.

Pictures Evan's been learning to draw with his drawing book!



Evan playing O Sole Mio.  The best thing I ever did was have my kids learn music.  It makes me so happy!  His piano teacher said she assigned him this song because it was the hardest in the book.  Evan said, "My teacher finally found something challenging for me."  He says this in his quiet sweet way, with a little smile.

Sam has many challenging songs, but he saw Greensleaves (one of my favorites) in a book and learned it.  Now he plays it for me all the time.  There's a neat story about King Richard coming home from the crusades being kidnapped by the duke of France (who he'd offended I think), and he was locked in a high tower forever.  One of Richard's loyal servants in England refused to let him disappear without trying to find him, so he traveled all over Europe looking for him.  Whenever he'd come to a tall tower or castle, he'd sit down at the base and sing Greensleaves, and old English song, so if Richard happened to be there he'd recognize it and know help was come.  One day, after singing the first verse, he heard a voice begin to sing the second verse.  It was Richard.  Soon he was freed and returned home after years of confinement.

Now the Greensleaves tune is of course used for my favorite Christmas song, What Child Is This?

Dal also has some neat songs!



Shells and sand all over my house from the beach, and I don't mind a bit.  I felt sad sweeping it up!


No comments: