Sunday, July 10, 2016

July Update

Charles always says the word either for too.  Like, "I want to go either!"
We're always correcting him.  Then last night Leia said, "I would not want to be out in the thunder and lightning", and Charles said, "Me either", which really does mean too!  I can see why he gets confused!

This girl seems to have leaped forward and grown a ton this summer!  I'm glad I got those ballet pictures taken when I did!  She lost her first tooth!  She let her dad pull it out.  And at this very moment, she is asking her dad to pull out her next loose tooth.  They were both ready to go!

She has the best time out at the swimming pool each day with her friends Celia, Paige, and Sasha.  Sometimes Gabe, Savannah and others when they come too.  They play and talk and have a great time.  When I showed up for a water polo game last week without Leia, those three girls came up to me with their hands on their hips asking where she was.  "Why didn't you bring Leia?", they demanded.  It made me laugh.

I was telling some friends (Julie and Liz) the story of Evan and the deer today.  It goes like this: There were 7 deer in our back yard, from the back porch to the back fence (so really close).  Charles and Leia discovered them at around 6am and we all stood at the back windows watching them.  We called the the big boys to come and see the deer!  Dallas and Sam came out, and last of all Evan, who opened the back door and marched right out.  We figured he wanted to see them closer.  We found out later, he was still half asleep, and hadn't even heard us, so was going out to feed the chickens as he always does.  He walked, head down, past most of the deer (who for some reason stood staring without moving), straight to the chicken house.  When he opened the latch, it awoke the deer from their trance and they started bounding away.  We saw him look up startled.  Evan said later, "I was scared to death!  Out of the corner of my eye, I suddenly saw all these large things jumping! I didn't know what was happening!"  (I told Liz and Julie that I didn't know why they hadn't run when Evan first went out by them and Julie said immediately, "Because Evan is like the male version of Snow White!" Liz agreed, and I was thoroughly amused).

The other day Charlie took his cup to our water dispenser to get water, and he pushed the handle up into the locked position.  After a few seconds the water started over flowing and Charlie started dancing in place frantically, still holding his cup under the water.  Pat told Charlie to turn off the water, but he was completely panicking at this point and crying that he couldn't, while still dancing in place. When Pat told us about this later, re-enacting Charlie's dance, we all busted up laughing.  Sam spewed the water he was drinking everywhere.  Pat always does hilarious reenactments of the kids.


Here's some pictures of the 4th of July parade:








1 comment:

Christy said...

I read the Evan deer story to my kids and they were cracking up. They thought it was hilarious. I love all your stories. :)