Friday, October 14, 2016

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2016

We've had some beautiful skies lately. We always do though! This is from our front porch.
I sent the boys out to stack wood.  I thought it was funny that they brought out a CD player and listened to a book while they worked.
I got to sub in nursery.  Charles at the end of the table is almost moving up to primary.  He's a funny kid.  He talks a ton and has the neatest thoughts, but he's a mama-only boy, so only I know this (and the rest of the family a little).  When I work out, he doesn't want to play with the other kids running around the church.  He won't give other adults the time of day (besides Sister Holly with the blond hair in the picture) and that includes his grandparents and others in the extended family.  Pat watched him in Albuquerque this last week while I got my teeth cleaned and he didn't even want to go to the park with dad.  He said he just wanted to go find Mama.  Yep, he and I are super buddies!  Not that I'm happy about his not being friendly to others, but he'll be more social when he's ready.  Oh, Charles.

NOW THE BALLOON FIESTA!!!  This consists of getting up at 4am so you can drive down and wait in the dark and cold until dawn when the balloons start going up.  So it starts out awful, and turns out great! But there's plenty of food to eat while you wait (we all shared some hot chocolate and burned our tongues), and you can just lay down on the grass and watch like Dallas here:
Once they start going up, it's fast and furious!  You can be right next to the balloons and touch them, even help the balloonists right their baskets and then wave goodbye as they lift off!
This one
































No comments: