Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Songs for Guitar

I've been taking guitar lessons for a couple months since I found a teacher across from where my kids do piano with a time slot open while I'm waiting for them so it doesn't take up extra time.  Trying to remember to practice is hard, especially when Pat's always reminding me that I have to do math (the dreaded math!).  Anyway, my teacher asked for a list of songs I'd like to learn how to play, and this is what I came up with (obviously not electric guitar-Classical/Country and Spanish mostly):

Quizas, Quizas, Quizas- Trio Los Panchos
Oja en Blanco- Monchy & Alexandra
Ode to My Family- Cranberries
Vivir Sin Aire- Mana
Malaguena- various artists
Jolene- Dolly Parton
Travelin' Soldier- Dixie Chicks
Peaceful Easy Feeling- Eagles
Amarillo by Morning- George Straight
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World- Israel K.
Annie's Song- John Denver
Dust in the Wind- Kansas
Mr. Bojangles- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band or Jerry Jeff Walker
Scarborough Fair and other songs by Simon and Garfunkel
I Love- Tom T. Hall
Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley and Allison Kraus
Un Amor- Gypsy Kings
Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris- Speedway at Nazareth


Other songs like Molly Malone, Loch Lomand (traditional Scottish, Irish, and English songs)

Also traditional American Folk Music and other European folk music.

I was surprised by how much country was on there, but those old songs go well with acoustic guitars

I could add El Paso by Marty Robbins, The Gambler by Kenny Rogers, but right now I'm just thinking about Christmas!

No comments: