Tuesday, December 20, 2016

100 Christmas cards made and mailed (I wish we could do all our cousins, but that'd be 150!), gifts for teachers and others delivered, presents painstakingly thought out and planned as best we could.  Pat's sister Kathryne is here visiting, so we had an extra person to plan for and things have been crazy around here.  I forgot, yet again, to get Christmas done in October. Why do I do this!!!  You always think it won't be that bad, but there's been a lot happening with my 3 callings right now, and finishing up school was cruel (but I got an A+ in my class!).  Also our family members are in 3 different choirs (ward, youth, and child choirs), and then there's parties, school performances; just so much to plan and do.  Next year I'm getting it done early so we can spend more time enjoying the season.

This wonderful son took me to the store and had me pick out things for the kitchen I needed since he noticed lots of our stuff was worn out.  That was so thoughtful!!!  So I made him take a picture so we'd remember this forever.  He posed asleep; the little turkey!

 Just did her first Christmas performance at school.
 At the ward Christmas party.  We were trying to take a family picture but a bunch of friends jumped in :)
 The beautiful decorations thanks to Sister Z. and crew.  It was here that Evan played Carol of the Bells while the rest of us played the bells to go along with it.  It turned out so fun!  We loved the other performances too!

 Finally got our family picture, with appropriate labels.

 In the center of each table was a Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus.  This one was so beautiful, I wish I'd got a picture of the details on the back!  Jim Shore is the maker.
 Making the monthly project at Home Depot.  A gingerbread man box.

Here's a glimpse of the chart I made for the song with Evan.  The dots with green surrounded by yellow were for the light green bell.  Our light green and dark green markers weren't different enough.


No comments: