Saturday, January 21, 2017

Favorite Music

I was going through my old 2016 planner and found a list Pat and I made (on one of our very long drives to California) of our favorite musicians/bands.

Patrick: Boston, Jethro Tull, Beatles, Eagles, Styx, Talking Heads, Juanes, Cheyenne, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias, Piano Guys, Collective Soul, Journey

Karisa: Eagles, Cranberries, Mana, Pablo Herrera, Duran Duran, Toto, Laura Pausini, Simon & Garfunkel, George Strait, Lionel Richie, Gypsy Kings, Various Latin Music artists

I also love international folk music.  I love Cara Dillon's voice for Black is the Color, She Moved through the Fair, and old English songs like Under the Greenwood Tree.

Honorable mentions (in no order):
Toni Braxton
Player, Baby Come Back
Journey-Lights
Earth, Wind, and Fire
Christina Perri
Chris Isaak, Wicked Games
Moodly Blues, In Your Wildest Dreams and The Voice
Kansas
Boston
Kool And the Gang
REM
Wiggles
Andrea Boccelli
Bread
Alabama
Maroon 5
Justin Timberlake
Selena Gomez
Michael Jackson
Beach Boys
Various 80's music
Jon Bon Jovi
Def Leopard
Queensryche
Mr. Tamborine Man, Bus Stop, Mama's and Papas
Mr. Bojangles
Oldies like: Cherish, Never My Love, Rock around the Clock, Sugar Sugar
Under the Boardwalk, Brown-eyed Girl, Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay,


This could go on forever, but you have to have a LOT of music for a 20 hour drive!  One way.  And another 20 hours back.  I wish we lived somewhere where it was only one flight home.  Even flying is an all day thing.  Two flights to get to Sacramento :(

I just learned how to play Travelin' Soldier by the Dixie Chicks and sang it for my guitar teacher.  Music makes me happy.  I need singers in my family as well as piano, violin, flute, base, guitar, and drums.  Maybe some horns or wind instruments.  Then we'll be ready.  I don't know for what...   but we'll be ready.

No comments: