Saturday, January 21, 2017

Our girl

Our girl feeding the chickens on a very snowy and windy and day.  Burrrr!  She looked so cute to us out there doing her chores.

She loves bleu cheese.  Have I ever mentioned that?  She is her father in so many ways.  The other day she said something about letting the cat out of the bag.  She said she knew what that saying meant.  It meant its better to keep cats in bags than pigs. Then I lost the next 5 minutes of her reasoning that out.
This is our girl with her class doing the pledge, the patriotic song, and the poem that starts each day at the school.  The poem was cute and short this time:

Three wise men of Gotham,
They went to sea in a bowl,
If the bowl had been stronger
My poem had been longer




Leia's talk in primary: 

Agency is when we can make choices for ourselves.  After we got new kittens I used to hold and squeeze them a lot, which would make them sad and try to run away.  My mom told me not to and once I chose to stop it made the kittens start to trust me and play with me more.  


In the parable of the Good Samaritan some bad people took a man’s clothes and made him bleed.  Some people saw the hurt man and just walked by, they chose not to help him.  Then a Samaritan came.  In Luke chapter 10 it says: “But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.”  The Samaritan in this story made a choice to help someone that needed it.  I hope we can use our agency to choose the right.  If we do this we can see Heavenly Father again.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: