Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Grandma came to visit our Family Night on Monday.  Okay, maybe not a real grandma, but Evan has perfected the character of "Grandma".  He does it at school and last night was the first time I saw it in force.  I laughed my head off.  He has no teeth.  Falls over.  Says words like whippersnapper, and "I'll switch you!"  He really was the most hilarious thing.  Grandma even played Duck, Duck, Goose with us.  Hilarity ensued.  I love that kid.

Something about family night makes Charles absolutely crazy too.  He dances around like a maniac. 

Evan has several friends at school.  One boy, who is a year older than Evan, plays a game with him, where they are not allowed to say Hi, but they can wave, or something like that.  Maybe they can't even wave.  But they try to make eachother break whenever they see each other.  Cracks me up.

Evan wanted to go down to Albuquerque to do the Home Depot project, so we went and made these cute bunny boxes.  Then for some reason Evan began to be really grumpy and moped around the house for hours no matter what we did.  We were like, "We did the thing you wanted to do today so be happy!"  Then I forced all the boys to have haircuts.  He has the thickest, darkest hair out of all my kids, with the most curl too, and it had gotten quite long and poofy.  Once that hair was gone and he showered, he was like a new man; so happy.  I joked with him that his hair must have been weighing him down.  Making him grumpy.  I don't know why, but it was so funny to me.

I love simple beans and rice!

These cats have hardly caused a ripple since being adopted into our home.  Occasionally they throw up, or claw my leather furniture which I hate.  But they are patient with Leia and Charles who LOVE them, and they love to curl up with the bigger boys, and have brought a lot of happiness into our home.  Sam especially.  Martha is on the left and George on the right.  Charlie now calls them Mardue and Cecil.  I have no idea why. 

Biology lab class.  I can't wait until schools over in about 3-4 more weeks. 

A boy we knew ever since we were in the homeschool group years ago, receiving his Eagle.  It was really neat.  These big productions scare me though.  I don't want to have to do that for all my boys. 

I love asparagus.  With fresh garlic.  And lemon.
Sam had to work on a project for school with a group of kids.  I guess they needed to text each other, so he gave them my cell phone number!  My phone dinged more in one night than I think it ever has.  I asked him what I should do if his friends started asking me out on dates, or to take them rollerskating, or just wouldn't leave me alone.  He was exasperated with my joking.  "Mom!  I'm going to delete that conversation!", he said.

Dallas, always one to take initiative, cleaned out our garage for us and has been fixing up bikes for the warm weather.  (Though we just had a couple of huge snowstorms.  In April!!!).  He is wonderful.  Without telling us, he arranged to play a song in sacrament meeting a couple weeks ago, and did beautifully.  I'll have to record him and have Pat put it on here soon.  It was absolutely gorgeous.
Sadly, I just quit my guitar lessons.  No time.

No comments: